The latest employment figures from the CIPD and KPMG, which shows job creation is set to slow sharply, clearly demonstrates that a painful economic recovery, with all its associated cost-cutting and structural change, will be a fact of life for organisations for some time to come.
But what's more, continuing ongoing employee relations disputes this summer means employers increasingly see the effective handling of employee and industrial relations, particularly in the absence of a clear economic recovery, as an essential skill, a route to positive workplace engagement and an important way to increase value for organisations.
This is why Marshall-James Global Solutions, a leading UK specialist in employee relations, has produced ‘Creating Value through Employee Relations and Engagement’, the first conference dedicated to this subject. The event is for anyone who wants straightforward, practical strategic and tactical advice on how to turn the risks to employee relations and engagement in difficult times into opportunities that create a positive workforce. It will also add value directly to organisations and to their performance day-to-day.
A strong line-up of conference speakers and panellists will attend the event, to be held on Thursday 13th October in central London. These will include the Right Honourable Francis Maude MP, Minister for the Cabinet Office and Paymaster General, CEOs, senior HRDs, Employee Relations directors, union leaders, leading media commentators, business psychologists, academics and other experts. The conference will be chaired by Dominic Laurie, business presenter on BBC Radio 4 and 5 Live, including the Today and Wake Up to Money programmes.
“Creating Value through Employee Relations and Engagement” is intended for senior HR and business leaders, line managers, union officials and reps and employee representatives who need clear answers to their employee relations and engagement challenges. This conference is relevant to anyone working in either a unionised or non-unionised organisation.
Subjects to be covered at the conference will include:-
• Why excellent employee relations are essential to a successful organisation.
• What the challenges and enablers to effective employee relations and engagement really are.
• The Government perspective: Francis Maude gives his view.
• How to engage front line managers to enthuse their teams.
• How to use reward to deliver good employee relations and engagement and create value.
• How to rebuild employee relationships, reputation and value.
• The challenges and opportunities facing the public sector.
The conference is already proving highly popular with delegates because it will deliver practical answers to key questions, including how to:-
• Deliver change to save money and improve productivity.
• Increase the value of your business through better employee relations.
• Identify opportunities through employee relations - and take advantage of them.
• Tackle and solve employee and industrial relation issues.
• Minimize the risk of uncertainty during employment change.
• Engage employees during difficult times.
To learn more about the conference at Marshall-James in general, please visit: www.mjgsl.com.