Monday, 16 January 2012
The UK's new purpose built customs clearance facility now open at Stop24 Folkestone Services, Junction 1 M20
The brand new, modern facility has been designed to ensure drivers have easier access than Dover for parking and examination, whilst incurring no parking costs during custom clearance.
Two of the UK’s most prominent customs clearance agents Channel Ports and Harbour Shipping are using the Stop24 Folkestone facility to provide drivers with even greater efficiency, security and value.
On arrival at the new facility with 24/7 fuel services, drivers will enjoy a variety of food and retail options available until mid evenings including Haldanes convenience store & coffee shop, KFC, Wimpey, Just Spuds, WH Smith and Julian Graves. There are sandwiches, snacks and drinks available all through the night.
A multitude of facilities have been developed at the site to provide drivers with the perfect place to relax, refuel and refresh from their journey:
• A modern and comfortable, full service rest stop for Euro Tunnel & Dover, open 24/7 365 days a week year
• A time saving, consistent customs clearance service with direct control by one of the on-site agents, no third party involvement to deal with such as the FSA at Dover.
• Secure compound with parking for 82 vehicles and refrigerated parking
• Competitive lorry parking costs and no parking costs while under customs clearance
• Automatic number plate recognition with CCTV and 24 hour patrols
• Modern European & Continental style toilet facilities, both male and female washrooms with large shower rooms in the main building
• Dedicated drivers rest room with Sky Sports HD and free internet terminals and free wifi access
• Great value meal voucher options and discounts for account holders
Stop24 Regional Manager, Adrian Schofield says: “We identified a niche in the market for an alternative customs clearance facility to Dover in a brand new purpose built facility."