www.dnb.com/200million.Dun & Bradstreet (D&B UK), the world’s leading source of commercial information and insight, has reached a significant milestone: 200 million businesses covered in its global database. To celebrate, D&B will take the next 200 days to say “thank you” through a digital tribute to businesses around the world. Businesses can submit their own stories and join D&B’s celebration at
“Providing insight on more than 200 million businesses matters because in today’s world of exploding information, businesses need information they can trust,” said Sara Mathew, Chairman and CEO of D&B. “I’d like to say thank you to all 200 million businesses, and look forward to hearing their stories of achievement and innovation.”
D&B is one of the original business information leaders and has been providing insight into businesses since 1841, counting four U.S. presidents (including Abraham Lincoln) among its early data reporters. 170 years later, the company’s global business collection, the largest of its kind, is growing exponentially. The number of businesses D&B covers has doubled in the last six years, with the majority of growth being driven by small business.
“D&B’s mission is to fuel global commerce,” said Josh Peirez, President, Global Product, Marketing and Innovation. “We know our customers count on us for the best business information, when and where they need it. That’s why we worked so hard to reach 200 million businesses, and will work even harder for the 200 million to come.”
Other notable facts about D&B and its global database:
- D&B updates its database 1.5 million times per day, tracking changes in the rapidly evolving global economy
- D&B covers businesses in more than 200 countries and adds more than 2,000 businesses to the database every hour —one every two seconds
- More than 18,741 industry categories are represented today, up from only 30 in 1940
- In the U.S. alone, D&B’s database will register the following in the next 60 minutes:
- 64 business telephone numbers will change or be disconnected
- 47 business addresses will change
- 131 directorship (CEO, CFO, etc.) changes will occur
- 110 new businesses will open their doors (including micro-businesses)
- 3 companies will change their names
- 11 businesses will file for bankruptcy
The celebration started yesterday, September 22, and will continue for 200 days. Follow the campaign and submit stories by visiting www.dnb.com/200million.